Graphic Design course with Adobe Creative Cloud
Drawing and retaining attention, that’s what’s graphic design is about. Making things beautiful so they stand out. But how? You’ll learn it all in this introduction to design.
Theory and practice all in one
During the course, you will do practical exercise on your own laptop. In a casual and easy flow, you will learn to work in Adobe CC Apps Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. You’ll use them to shape your creativity into its desired form: logo, photo collage, poster, zine, or entire brand identity. Do you have plans to make something sepcific? Great, that’s a great way to get the most out of this course. It’s also not necessary at all.
You will combine practical exercise with theoretical basis. You’ll learn about colour and colour theory, typography, and about image and page composition. You can immediately incorporate these principles in your work. Channel your creativity to create something beautiful!
Is this course for me?
This course is fit for both hobbyists who want to play around with design and for professionals who need to use it in their work. The atmosphere during the sessions is open and informal. Your own input is more than welcome. Let me know what you want to learn, and I’ll focus the course around that!
Available both offline and on.
- for hobbyists curious after creative design
- for professionals working with branding and with designers
- for students and professionals looking to add practical skills to their resume
- 7 sessions of 2.5 hours each (including a break), one session per week // two full days of 8 hours each, at least two weeks apart
- assignments to exercise with between sessions
- total time investment 24 ~ 32 hours
- no prior experience needed, this is an entry-level course
- online: individual or groups of up to 12 participants
- offline (in-company): groups of 4 to 12 participants
- bring a laptop with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign installed
- slides and summaries provided in .pdf after each session
- no other course material needed
- available in English or Dutch
Want to know more?
Curious whether you can learn what you need to? Or do you want to start planning a course right away? Fill out the form below, or give me a call on +316 5341 6324. I’d love to hear form you!
Are you with the UU?
Are you a student or employee at Utrecht University? Then you might want to follow this course through Parnassos Cultural Centre. The next edition there will start on February 12th, 2024. Check the Parnassos website for more info and to join!
Who’s the teacher?
That would be Vincent van der Vliet, ’78. He did a Masters in Chemistry and a stint in banking and risk analysis before getting into design. He’s been teaching graphic design for 15 years. To hobbyists, communication professionals, and scientists. He regularly teaches at the PhD Course Centre for the Graduate School of Life Sciences at the Utrecht University, and at Parnassos Cultural Centre. He also regularly writes about himself in the third person. More on him on his profile.